Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ivory, Horn and Blood to lauch in Malaysia

As readers of my other blog, A Wandering Naturalist, will know, I spend a good deal of time in my wife's home state of Sarawak in Malaysian Borneo.  For anyone reading this who will also be in Sarawak next month, I would be very glad to see you at UCSI University in Kuching at 7:30 PM on the 21st. I will be launching Ivory, Horn and Blood, and bringing people up to date on the ivory and rhino horn poaching crisis.  Malaysia has been specifically identified as a transit point for smuggled ivory, so the subject is highly relevant for a Malaysian audience.  My presentation is being sponsored jointly by the Sarawak Biodiversity Centre and the Malaysian Nature Society (Kuching Branch).  If you want the details, please write Asha Deva Kaushal of SBC at biosar@sbc.org.my.

And if you are in Kuching, please join me and other members of MNS (Kuching Branch) the next day for an overnight trip to Kubah National Park.   We will be birding by day, and frog-watching by night, with my friend and herp expert Hans Breuer leading the night walk.  Asha can give you the details.

See you in Kuching!

No comments:

Post a Comment